- Assistant Professor, Ph.D., Materials Science and Engineering
- (907) 474-6135
- Duckering 337A
Background and Research Interest
Dr. Zhang’s current research interests include design and investigation of the properties of porous materials and nanostructure-based films for energy and environmental applications. Her research mainly focuses on the synthesis of novel organic-inorganic hybrid materials, and the manipulation of their properties and applications in gas storage, with a current emphasis on gas storage (CO2) in metal-organic frameworks (MOF). She is also interested in the generation of multifunctional films and developing their applications in separation and energy conversation.
- ME F634 – Advanced Materials Engineering
- Ph.D. Materials Science and Engineering, Michigan Technological University, 2011
- M.S. Materials Science and Engineering, China University of Mining and Technology (Beijing), 2008
- B.S. Materials Science and Engineering, China University of Mining and Technology (Beijing), 2005
- L. Zhang, G. Feng, Z. Zeravcic, T. Brugarolas, A. J. Liu, D. Lee, Using Shape Anisotropy to Toughen Disordered Nanoparticle Assemblies, ACS Nano, 2013 (DOI: 10.1021/nn403214p).
- L. Zhang, J. H. Prosser, G. Feng, D. Lee, Mechanical Properties of Atomic Layer Deposition-Reinforced Nanoparticle Thin Films, Nanoscale, 2012, 4, 6543–6552.
- L. Zhang and Y. H. Hu, Strong Effects of Higher–Valent Cations on the Structure of the Zeolitic Zn(2–methylimidazole)2 Framework (ZIF-8), J. Phys. Chem. C 2011, 115, 7967–7971.
- L. Zhang and Y. H. Hu, Structure Distortion of Zn4O13C24H12 Framework (MOF-5), Mater. Sci. Eng. B 2011, 176, 573–578.
- L. Zhang and Y. H. Hu, A Systematic Investigation of Decomposition of Nano Zn4O(C8H4O4)3 Metal-Organic Framework, J. Phys. Chem. C 2010, 114, 2566–2572.
- Y. H. Hu and L. Zhang, Hydrogen Storage in Metal–Organic Framework, Adv. Mater. 2010, 22, E117-E130.
- Y. H. Hu and L. Zhang, Amorphization of Metal-Organic Framework MOF-5 at Unusually Low Applied Pressure, Phys. Rev. B 2010, 81,174103.