- Associate Professor, Ph.D., Materials Science and Engineering
- (907) 474-6135
- Duckering 337A
Background and Research Interest
Dr. Zhang is an associate professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. Prior to joining UAF, Dr. Zhang worked as a postdoctoral associate in the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the University of Pennsylvania. Her current research is mainly focused on the synthesis and characterization of nanomaterials such as nanoporous materials, nanocomposites, and nanocoatings for environmental, biomedical, and energy applications. She is also interested in studying the corrosion properties of alloys and developing anti-corrosion coatings for applications in aerospace industry and biodegradable implants.
- ME 321 – Industrial Processes
- ME 334 – Elements of Material Science/Engineering
- ME 464 – Corrosion Engineering
- ME 494 – Introduction to Nanomaterials
- ME 634 – Advanced Materials Engineering
- Ph.D. Materials Science and Engineering, Michigan Technological University, 2011
- M.S. Materials Science and Engineering, China University of Mining and Technology (Beijing), 2008
- B.S. Materials Science and Engineering, China University of Mining and Technology (Beijing), 2005
- B. M. Wilke, L. Zhang, W. Li, C. Ning, C.-f. Chen, Y. Gu, Corrosion Performance of MAO Coatings on AZ31 Mg Alloy in Simulated Body Fluid vs. Earle's Balance Salt Solution, Applied Surface Science 2016, 363, 328–337.
- L. Zhang, J. Zhang, C.-f. Chen, Y. Gu, Advances in Microarc Oxidation Coated AZ31 Mg Alloys for Biomedical Applications, Corrosion Science 2015, 91, 7–28.
- L. Zhang, G. Feng, Z. Zeravcic, T. Brugarolas, A. J. Liu, D. Lee, Using Shape Anisotropy to Toughen Disordered Nanoparticle Assemblies, ACS Nano, 2013, 7, 8043–8050.
- L. Zhang, J. H. Prosser, G. Feng, D. Lee, Mechanical Properties of Atomic Layer Deposition-Reinforced Nanoparticle Thin Films, Nanoscale, 2012, 4, 6543–6552.
- L. Zhang and Y. H. Hu, Strong Effects of Higher–Valent Cations on the Structure of the Zeolitic Zn(2–methylimidazole)2 Framework (ZIF-8), J. Phys. Chem. C 2011, 115, 7967–7971.
- L. Zhang and Y. H. Hu, A Systematic Investigation of Decomposition of Nano Zn4O(C8H4O4)3 Metal-Organic Framework, J. Phys. Chem. C 2010, 114, 2566–2572.
- Y. H. Hu and L. Zhang, Hydrogen Storage in Metal–Organic Framework, Adv. Mater. 2010, 22, E117-E130.
- Y. H. Hu and L. Zhang, Amorphization of Metal-Organic Framework MOF-5 at Unusually Low Applied Pressure, Phys. Rev. B 2010, 81,174103.