Yujiang (Mike) Xiang
Background and Research Interest
Dr. Xiang joined UAF as an assistant professor in 2013. He has worked as a postdoc and research engineer in CCAD at University of Iowa. His current research interests include human dynamics and control, human motion synthesis, and computational dynamics of multibody system. A major emphasis of his research program is to use optimization theory to predict human motion under various conditions. He is also interested in musculoskeletal modeling for injury prediction and analysis.
- ES 301 – Engineering Analysis
- ME 302 – Dynamics of Machinery
- ME 408 – Mechanical Vibrations
- ME 409 – Controls
- ME 608 – Advanced Dynamics
- ME 609 – Advanced Vibrations
- Ph.D. Civil Engineering, University of Iowa, 2008
- M.S. Automotive Engineering, Tsinghua University, 2004
- B. S. Automotive Engineering, Tsinghua University, 2001
A complete list of publications is available at Dr. Xiang’s research lab webpage.