- Assistant Professor, Ph.D., Geological Engineering
- (907) 474-5988
- Duckering 309
Background and Research Interests
- Application of near surface geophysics for geological, engineering, environmental and other purposes as well as for investigating physical soil and rock properties.
- GIS and remote sensing applications in geohazard assessment, environmental studies, and natural resource management. GIS-based multivariate geospatial analysis. GIS-based geohazard susceptibility and hazard mapping, and prediction modeling.
GE F405 - Exploration Geophysics
PETE F370 - Sedimentology and Structural Geology for Petroleum Engineers
Ph. D., Geological Engineering, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, Missouri, USA, 2013 – 2018
M.Sc., Engineering Geology, Graz University of Technology, Graz, Austria, 2006-2008
B.Sc., Applied Geology, Mekelle University, Mekelle, Ethiopia, 1999-2004
- Shishay T. Kidanu, Neil L. Anderson, J. David Rogers (2018). Using GIS-based Spatial Analysis to Determine Factors Influencing Sinkhole Formation in Greene County, Missouri; Environmental & Engineering Geoscience, Vol. XXIV, No. 2, February 2018, pp. 1–11
- Shishay T. Kidanu, Evgeniy V. Torgashov, Aleksandra V. Varnavina, Neil L. Anderson (2016). ERT-based Investigation of a Sinkhole in Greene County, Missouri. AIMS Geosciences, 2016, 2(2): 99-115. doi: 10.3934/geosci.2016.2.99.
- Shishay Tadios (2013). GIS-based Geotechnical Microzonation Mapping using Analytic Hierarchy Process: a case study in Shire-Endasilasie City, Tigray, Northern Ethiopia; Momona Ethiopian Journal of Science (MEJS), V5(2):101-116, 2013.
- Nata Tadesse, Shishay T. Kidanu, Mekdes Tesfaye (2010). The water balance of May Nugus catchment, Tigray, Northern Ethiopia, International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering, ISSN 0974-5904, Vol. 03, No. 05, October 2010, pp. 609-625.