Background and Research Interests
Computational Fluid Dynamics Applications in Mineral Processing, Numerical Modeling, Dry Separation, Advanced Physical Processing, Comminution , Population balance modeling, Process Simulation and Control, Coal Preparation, Fine Particle Processing, Gravity separation techniques, Flotation, Agglomeration, Advanced Beneficiation Technologies
- MIN F313 - Introduction to Mineral Preparation
- MIN F104 - Mining Safety & Operations Lab
- MIN F484 - Surface Mining Methods II
- Ph. D., Mining Engineering, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA, 2007 – 2013
- M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, AGH University of Science and Technology, Krakow, Poland, 2005-2007
- B.E., Mining Engineering, Bengal Engineering and Science University, Howrah, India, 2000-2004
- “Performance Evaluation And Optimization Of A Fullscale Reflux Classifier”, Tathagata Ghosh, D. Patil, R. Q. Honaker, M. Damous, F. Boaten, V. L. Davis and F. Stanley; CPSA (Coal Preparation Society of America) Journal, Summer 2012; Volume 11 – No. 2, pp. 24-33.
- “Application of Air Table Technology for Cleaning Indian Coals”, Nikhil Gupta, Robert Bratton, Gerald Luttrell, Tathagata Ghosh and Rick Honaker; Separation Technologies for Minerals, Coal, and Earth Resources, Edited by Courtney A. Young, Gerald H. Luttrell;; Publication date: January 31, 2012 | ISBN-10: 0873353390 | ISBN-13: 978-0873353397 – pp. -199 to 209.
- “Coal mining in India – walking the path of mechanization and mass production”, Tathagata Ghosh, Janusz Reś, N. C. Dey; Vth International Conference Mining Techniques TUR, 2007 (Krynica, Poland) — ISBN 83-915742-9-6. — pp. 51–65.